Just north of Nauvoo along the Mississippi, there is a place where the state of Illinois has recognized the Hopewell Indian burial grounds. These were mound builders.
Serving in the temple has brought a great deal of joy and peace to our lives. We love being close to our Savior Jesus Christ. We feel His love as we serve in the temple.
Last night while in the temple, Diane and I were asked to be witnesses at a sealing. In this case it was a Woman who was being sealed by proxy to her father and mother. It was a little bit of a surprise but the temple staff scurried to get everything prepared and ready for the special event. When the temple sealer was talking to the woman, she said that her mother was very pleased. She also said that her mother had visited her and that this is what she wanted. What a tender feeling. It reminded me that in the ordinances of the gospel the power of godliness is manifested. I was grateful that Diane and I were in a position where we could be used to witness such a sacred event.
Visited the Carthage Jail with the Gale family. It is about 25 minutes south of Nauvoo. From the Saints - Joseph mounted his horse and set off with Hyrum and the other men for Carthage. “I am going like a lamb to the slaughter,” he told them, “but I am calm as a summer’s morning. I have a conscience void of offense towards God and towards all men.” The riders climbed the hill to the temple as the sun rose, casting golden light over the building’s unfinished walls. Joseph stopped his horse and looked out over the city. “This is the loveliest place and the best people under the heavens,” he said. “Little do they know the trials that await them.” The Gale family huddled around the prophet Joseph and his brother Hyrum. Sadie and Sister Dickson examining the door where the musket ball came through and struck Hyrum in the head. Another ball entered by the side of the door. We are in front of the window that Joseph fell or jump...
Comments
Post a Comment